- To advocate and actively support the ideals and benefits of community ownership and supporter involvement within Irish football.
- To act as the voice and focal point for all community owned clubs, supporters’ trusts and democratic supporters’ groups at national level.
- To engage with all relevant stakeholders with the aim of persuading them to take action on developing a more sustainable game at national league level in Ireland.
- To arrange events, training and conferences and to publish online and print information and promotional material to achieve the main objectives of the Society
- To provide or arrange for the provision of any service or services which may be for the benefit of the members and others including the arranging of suitable training courses.
Its current board of directors is;
- Mike Derham (FORAS)
- Gavan Duffy (Galway United Friends Co-operative)
- Aidan McNelis (Finn Harps)
- Barry Worthington (1895 Trust)
ISN is also a member of SD Europe, representing the Republic of Ireland. SD Europe is a non-profit organisation meeting the need for meaningful supporter involvement in the running of football clubs and the sustainable development of the game as a whole.